Out of my mother’s recipes, this is both of my brother’s favorite recipe!! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Total Time: 95 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz.) Manicotti
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese (Mom frequently uses less-10 oz.-ish)
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Mom uses dried parsley)
- 4 cups (32 oz.) spaghetti sauce (Mom usually buys 2 kinds of spaghetti sauce!!!)
- Mix ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and the egg.
- Pour 1/2-3/4 of one jar of spaghetti sause in 13×9 inch glass baking pan.
- Spoon cheese/egg mixture into manicotti shells.
- Place filled manicotti shells in pre-saused pan.
- If have extra ricotta cheese mixture, place inbetween Manicotti shells filled with mixture.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over manicotti shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, covered, or until pasta can be penatrated easily with a fork/knife.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 2-5 more minutes or until remaining cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic bread & Cesar salad, yum!!!! (that’s mama’s comment! :).
Kim Cameron Valencia CA
MY FAMILY RECIPE BLOG